Fried rice is an easy crowd pleaser. It utilises left-over rice and little bits of everything that what your kids like and what you would like them to eat.
Red rice is amazing rice variant I love feeding the family. It's full of antioxidants, phytonutrients, vitamin E, protein and iron.
It's a little harder to digest so I start off combining with with white rice, millet or other grains. It's not merely constipation we are worried about, but the stress on a maturing digestive system. When my kids are under the weather, I would switch to a grain that's more easily digested.
- Red rice, 1.5 cups
- Eggs, 2 jumbo (70 g each)
- French beans, 200 g, chopped
- Prawns, 150 g, peeled
- Roe from prawn head
- Grapeseed oil, 1 tablespoon
- Garlic, 2 cloves, diced
- Shallot, 3 heads, diced
- Vegetarian mushroom sauce, 1 tablespoon
- Organic kelp, to taste
- Heat oil in wok. Brown garlic and shallots at medium heat.
- Fry prawn till 50% cooked. Add red rice and French beans. Stir and fry for 2-3 mins
- Create a well in the rice. Add prawn roe, eggs (beat with mushroom sauce). Stir and fry till egg is cooked. French bean should still be crunchy.